Saturday, November 04, 2006

You are what you eat.

That makes me a Nutty Meatfruit with Veg Stuffing. Or a Fruity Vegenut con Carne, depending on the season. I came home from my new Gastroenterologist last Monday afternoon with an intimidating heap of sample-collection boxes and orders for blood tests, a prescription for Half-Lytely, and a recommendation to buy Breaking the Vicious Cycle and to learn more about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD™).

Now, I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in January and have been Gluten-free by choice and with remarkable health improvement since February. If I do say so myself, I've become quite talented with rice and bean flours. But no grains? This makes me a little sad. Saddy Nutfruit.

I ordered the book, and a box of LÄRABARS on Friday.


*Ingredients: Dates, Almonds, Walnuts, Unsweetened Coconut, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

I realize that even the seemingly innocuous Unsweetened Cocoa Powder is illegal (as they say in SCD circles), but until I have an official diagnosis that indicates this diet, I can't actually be cited, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home