Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nut-free Meatfruit

I am happy to report that my health has been relatively cooperative during this eventful professional and personal phase! I avoid all nuts and feel so much better for it. Accidentally ingested some peanuts the other day. Intolerance re-confirmed (ugh).

Experiments with seeds, grains and starch have been somewhat unscientific--usually performed when I'm virtually starving but all I can scavenge is a bag of blue corn chips--or when my salad doesn't satisfy but those French fries promise an unctuously substantial conclusion!

Potatoes and onions seem to make the nose run; corn makes the tummy rumble; and tomatoes and soy result in a fat, tingly tongue (see Oral Allergy Syndrome). There are myriad other foods I avoid for similar reasons--too many to list--but fortunately, none of the reactions are bad enough to really bring me down!

To reflect present diet: this blog's banner shall change, though the URL remains the same.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

Hey Nut-free, glad to hear you're getting to the bottom of all of this! Restrictions are a bummer, for sure, but feeling good is a nice pay off for your diligence and on-the-wagonness. Your new banner is beautiful, too. Be well! :-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

I try to stay no more than one step behind :) Thank you, my dear, my inspiration.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Lynn Barry said...

Although limiting it sure is freeing to know what does work...that maybe all we cling to when trying to discover how we can be the best we can be...HUGS

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home