Monday, February 25, 2008

Nuts!

It seems to be consensus among my medical care providers that the discomfort I feel stems not from a disease of the GI tract - UC is healed with diet and energy therapy.

Unfortunately, I continue to have bowel symptoms - somewhat improved with the new probiotic, but present still. Am I back at the beginning, with a catch-all IBS diagnosis?

Is it allergies? My neck and jaw itch from time-to-time. Blood results showed very low intolerance for pecans and white rice; I wasn't advised to do skin pricks or further testing at that time.

I keep trying to go a day without nuts, but I break down in the late afternoon when I crave a crunchy protein with my coffee! Could coffee be the culprit (gasp!)? I shall ask my Primary about an Exclusion Diet and if she thinks it's right for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Barry said...

Good LORD! I hear ya...but I have eliminated so many things I think you are definitely on the right track hunting the culprits down. GOOD LUCK...I hope you zero in on what is happening to you...sugar, perhaps? I have eliminated it but yesterday I drizzled powdered sugar and it bothered me...I think so many of us can not tolerate that white stuff called sugar. GOOD LUCK! HUGS

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Yep - the Diet I follow, (SCD™) is based on elimination of sugar, starch and grains - only "specific" carbs are allowed :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

How are you doing? Any improvements over the past month? I've got IBS which seems to be improving on this diet, but symptoms come and go. It's so hard to figure out what causes it.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your blog... been sooo busy lately and also out of town. I must say that coffee is one of my #1 offenders... I learned that my system cannot tolerate it at all. It gives me severe heartburn and the caffiene, well, my system hangs on to it for many hours. Event the small amount in a morning decaf will keep me from sleeping that night.

Interestingly, I used to break out in hives and asthma from coffee as a kid... even a little bit in the dishwater would cause my arms to break out in hives. One time, when I was about 10, a coffee ice cream cone caused such a severe asthma attack that my mom called 911.

That chicken recipe looks grand. Can't wait to try it. I have a super yummy and easy recipe for chicken paprika that I'm posting this week.

Cheers!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home