Friday, February 02, 2007

Mind-Body Therapy

At my appointment, I asked "what do I call you?", looking for a title or description. I call her "healer" in the previous post, but she has so many degrees (M.A.C.P., R.N., C.S., EFT-ADV., and such an extensive and diverse professional background, I feel like "healer" somehow diminishes or improperly defines the depth of her ability.

She answered "[firstname]." Then she said, "I usually tell people I am a nurse psychotherapist with advanced training in mind-body medicine." Mind-body therapist works for me.

I am not sure why I didn't ask for a label years ago; it will make explaining the importance of her work to people completely unfamiliar with alternative treatments much easier.

That hour was fabulous, but I drove hundreds of miles today ... more detail after I rest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Barry said...

About a year ago my sister treated me to a day at a spa with her and we had Swedish massages and I have never before or since felt that good...I don't know what the gal did to me for 50 minutes but it was almost an out of body experience. Better than s-e-x...did I say that?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

EFT! Fantastic! I think you've found "it."

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Lynn - You're naughty :) but who wouldn't love a massage ..?

BeanMa - Yes, I had some experience with "tapping" 8 or 9 years ago ... but I really wasn't open to its power. This time, I look with new eyes *exhale*

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home