Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Spicy Mead+fruit



My first home-brewed batch of mead was finally laid down just after 7 PM last night. What was intended to be 2 modest single gallons ended up as one giant peach-spice blend (thanks to the wrong size "one-size fits all" bung). The champagne yeast seemed a little tired at pitching, but today the mix is foaming slightly and the airlock bubbles like an engine-that-could. I may need to take remedial measures to excite the blend before the 6 month (mid-fermentation) tasting event, but for now I am thinking positively!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Barry said...

Makes me think of moonshine and Uncle Jesse...you go NUTTY! HUGS

9:12 AM  
Blogger NuttyMeatfruit said...

OK, Lynn ... I'll mark you down for 1 + Guest at the 2008 Harvest Hoe-Down.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home