Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Glow-tini



Evidently the center of my LRQ pain lies precisely at McBurney's point. This symptom is consistent with--among other things--Crohn's and subacute appendicitis. Subacute is not the precipitous, "exploding" variety of appendicitis we commonly hear about. I have also experienced what my Gastroenterologist calls a "rigor" (brief but scary shuddering episode followed by a sweat) - this event usually indicates a systemic infection. More news after CT scan tomorrow, I hope. Additional UA and blood to be submitted on Thursday.

I'll be tipping back a couple of contrast cocktails later on. Nôtre santé!

Update 31 Jan: Results due tomorrow, 1 Feb 2008.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. I have had my fill of contrast cocktails. Chin up. Let's hope for the best.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you as they look for the cat. Keep us posted.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Thank you, very much!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

Stay strong, Nutty! This will all be over soon, and we shall celebrate over REAL cocktails. :-)

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home