Friday, February 09, 2007

I.S.O Legal Sore Throat Remedy

I drank Echinacea tea from last Friday to today; I think it held off a big cold, but now I have a sore throat. The remedy must be sugar-free, corn-syrup-free, malt-free, etc. Cold-Eez might be a contender. I'll see what I can find.

Update:
Chloraseptic spray (or generic equivalent) appears to be SCD™ legal ... "flavor" is the only questionable ingredient, but since it's sprayed on and not consumed in large quantities, it might be OK. I am extremely sensitive to sugar, but I did not react to 3 squirts of this stuff. It's not miraculously effective, but every little bit helps.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

Nutty, these come straight from my Mom, MD: Gargle with warm salt water or cider vinegar. The vinegar is gross but it pulls up all the...stuff. Salt water is more palatable and definitely helps. Also, do you sleep with a vaporizer?

I swear by Airborne (generic available), and glancing at the ingredients, I don't see any of the offenders you listed. Not sure about these: inulin, sorbitol, lemon-lime flavor, acesulfame potassium, sucralose.

Feel better soon! xo

2:19 PM  
Blogger ByTheBay said...

Good luck and let us know what you find. I just use lemon juice and honey and hot water mixed together into a syrup. I am always looking for sugar-free options.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Thank you, BeanMa - I LOVE salt water! My air system has some kind of humidifier module, but I don't think it's ever really worked.

Thanks, ByTheBay, I will!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Well ... salt water was my only hope. That, and Tylenol, which I think helped the fever, but didn't do much for the painful swallowing.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home