Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Red Aura


A rare winter storm is predicted for Friday morning, so I moved the appointment with my Mind-body therapist to tomorrow. I'll be picking up more supplements, and doing some guided EFT.

I may also have the pleasure of seeing my current emotional-energetic state on the small screen, using a biofeedback imaging system. To get this reading, I align my fingers and palm to the little receptor studs on a handplate (box). Points on the hand which make contact with the metal points on the box correspond to the body's energy centers (chakras). The handplate instrument connects by USB to a desktop PC, where biophysical input is converted to a colorful representation of body-mind state. Groovy? Pretty amazing ...

Above-left is an example of "balanced" energy, with each chakra glowing a different color. At right, you'll see what my energy looks like most of the time. That bit of green coming in from the left is something I have worked very hard to achieve. Still, any acupuncturist would say I have too much heat!

Sometimes, music or guided relaxation has brought cooler colors into my spectrum, but it's ... not easy to maintain the calm.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

Oh wow! How cool! Or rather, how hot, I guess! Very intersting stuff. I hope your session tomorrow is productive.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen anything like this! So do the patterns really agree with how you feel? In general, do they match other people with how they feel?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Lynn Barry said...

How fascinating. I interviewed a dowser (finds water) years ago when I wrote for a newpaper and he told me all about his belief in chakra. You are really hot! You know what I mean...HUGS

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

BeanMa - we did HeartMath instead of EFT - I'll post about that later.

WheatFree - well, it's deeper than emotional feeling ... that is to say, I may feel perfectly in control on the outside, but inside it's a different story.

Lynn - I know what you mean :) my goal is to get more bluish ...

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I get what you mean about deeper than emotional feeling. I am curious though, about how often the computerized energy map matches the reality of the body.

Then there is the question about what you do with the information from the computerized colour map? For example, what do you do if you feel fine but your energy map is off, or vice versa?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

WheatFree, I'm glad you get it, because it does sound kinda fruity ... I only know I need to cool and stabilize my energy in order to let some other colors in :)

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home