Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wholy Food

Well, I'm feeling better and trying to put this little strepisode behind me.

I mused to a fellow Specific Carbohydrate Dieter earlier tonight that once you eliminate processed, over-sugared food from the menu, it's amazing how exquisitely delicious pure, whole foods can be. I would now assert that a sliced banana, drizzled with honey and dotted with crushed walnuts is much more enjoyable than a slice of cake!

This excerpt from Our Bodies (see #3) mentions SCD™ as an example of a healthy diet. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! :-)

Mmmm...that does sound good. Whole, raw foods are definitely good for the soul. It's hard to resist the allure of the processed stuff, but once you do (or are forced to!), it's like a rebirth.

And thanks for the Our Bodies link - I didn't realize there was a companion site! Bonus!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lynn Barry said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! Good to see you are on your way. It is interesting too that I always had to doctor a baked potato with globs of butter and salt and pepper and sour cream and now I love ze plain baked potato so much more.
But I get what you mean and will give the whole food dessert idea a go. Thanks, buddy! Stay well. HUGS

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home