Thursday, June 21, 2007

Boswellia


As I impatiently wait for the Ginger, Turmeric and Vitamin D to cool my aching knees (hips and thighs), I wonder about other concentrated natural treatments for joint and muscle inflammation, specifically Boswellia (Indian Frankincense). 14 of 20 patients in this 2001 NIH study went into remission after receiving "gum resin of Boswellia serrata (900 mg daily divided in three doses for 6 weeks)." There are many other compelling articles and testimonials; I am going to check with my Mind-body therapist to see if she recommends it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi -
I just linked to your page from the Gluten-free Goddess, and saw this posting. I have a rheumatic arthritis of the spine, as well as a variety of food/gluten sensitivities.
Have you tried Ultra Inflam Actin from Nature's Plus? It has trace minerals, hops, bromelain, feverfew, turmeric, MSM, ginger and boswellia and is AMAZING. I don't work for them or anything, but have seen so many practitioners for this and have been on a million different regimens and this really works. When I found this I had been taking boswellia, feverfew and ginger separately.
Great blog, and good luck with your treatment!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home