Friday, June 15, 2007

In Flame

I return to Nutty Meatfruit after a two month break ... with a juicy, gingery recipe! UC issues are more or less manageable with strict adherence to SCD™ and some nutrient supplementation. Now I am aware of achy legs!

I did some research into anti-inflammatory foods and found that Ginger, Turmeric, and Boswellia (Frankincense) are mentioned pretty consistently. I love Thai and Indian cuisine, so it won't be too difficult to increase my intake. I also started taking Vitamin D again ... I thought I wouldn't need it once summer sunshine hit, but apparently that was ... illogical: the sun alone is inadequate to my need and this year I've been burdened with allergies!

I've precious little Manuka honey left, but I will take my tea with a spoonful-a-day until it is gone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin Cavanaugh said...

Great to see you back blogging! Glad to hear you're feeling better...I hope the path continues in a positive direction! :-)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love ginger, too, but have been hesitant to eat tto much of it. Ginger is supposed to aid digestion, but it is a stimulant. Not sure how good that would be for a wonky stomache. I have been trying to drink more mint tea. It soothes the stomache. Eh? Just a thought. Although, to give up ginger? NEVER!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Shannon, I drink about--I dunno--6 cups of peppermint tea in a day! It is so good for relaxing the system :) I love Yogi and Tazo, but Lipton is a surprisingly flavorful tea for the $. I had transplanted some mint from Virginia many years ago (now lost somewhere in the backyard!), I want to plant more this summer. If you find a divine mint, do report back!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home