Monday, February 12, 2007

The A-List

For certain, I have Group A strep. I've been given a prescription for penicillin (7 days) and advised to double up on the LactEnz. I will have to wait an additional week (at least) before retesting for C.Diff. Bear with me, flora.

Bon Biotics

Searching for what to do if you have just ended a course of Flagyl for C.Diff but may need to take a general antibiotic for another bacterial infection ... maybe recurrence could be avoided if I boost up the probiotics at the same time.

Let's just say my sore throat hasn't improved, and the ear-nose-throat invasion took me down on Saturday. I'll be seeing my doctor in a short while.

Come on immune system! You can do it!

In the meantime, some case studies about C.Diff recurrence would be useful, and not needing an antibiotic would be ideal (talking to you, universe).